Setting Up Carriers for SMS notificationsLast Updated: 12/03/2015 Introduced in Verision: 2.0
The system sends notifications in the form of email, popup message within the portal, or SMS text. To allow a user to receive notifications using SMS, the user’s carrier must be added to the system.
- Add SMS carrier under System > Notifications > SMS Carriers.
- Configure user accounts to receive SMS text messaging.
- Configure the notification itself to deliver via text either under System > Notifications > Default Notifications, or within a flow using a notification, within the notification step itself.
Add an SMS carrier by navigating to the folder System > Notifications > SMS Carriers and clicking the Add SMS Carrier button.
In the example, we will add the SMS carrier vodafone to the system.
Begin by navigating to the folder System > Notifications > SMS Carriers and clicking the Add SMS Carrier button.
In the Add SMS Carrier pop-up, enter the carrier’s name and email suffix in the fields.
The carrier displays in the Entity Name list, and users who receive SMS communications through Vodafone, who have the phone information and texting configured within his/her account settings, can now receive notifications sent by the system. See the topic Configuring User Account to Receive SMS Text Messaging for more information.
- Setting Up Notifications for Events Anywhere in the Portal
- Setting Up Notifications for Events within a Folder