Sending Messages from Mirth to Decisions HL7 ModuleLast Updated: 12/02/2015 Introduced in Verision: 2.0
Step 1: Ensure that you have the HL7 Module module installed. If you do you will have a folder in your tree as shown in Figure 1.
Step 2: From the folder tree select HL7 Interfaces.
Step 3: Click the button ‘Add Interface’ at the top of the Interfaces dashboard.
Step 4: Name your interface.
Step 5: Click that interface to go to the interface dashboard.
Step 6: Pick Add Receiver to create a new endpoint listening for HL7 Messages.
Step 7: Select TCP/IP Receiver.
Step 8: Name your receiver. In my example I named it “Mirth LLP Listener”
- Leave IP Address blank so that the TCP listener will listen on all IP addresses.
- Set your port. In my example I am using 8443.
- For Mirth you do not need to override standard LLP message framing so you can leave these defaults.
- Be sure to turn ON “Send Ack when processing complete” because mirth expects this ack message by default.
- Turn off ‘file system queuing’ unless you expect your interface processing flows to be slow.
Step 9: Now open the Mirth Admin Console
Step 10: Setup a new channel in mirth. To make testing easy we will make this channel get data from the file system and send to the Module over TCP.
Step 11: Click the ‘Source’ tab on your new channel and set it up to read files from your file system
Step 12: For the Destinations we need to configure mirth to send on the same socket that HL7 Module is listening on.
- Set Connector type to ‘LLP Sender’
- Set Host Port to: 8443 (Use the Test button to ensure connection is ok.)
- The remaining defaults for Mirth should work as they are.
Step 13: Click ‘Save Changes’ from the menu on the left.
Step 14: Click ‘Deploy Channel’ from the left hand side menu.
Step 15: Once you have deployed your channel, pick ‘Dashboard’ from the Mirth Connect menu at the top and you should see your channel waiting.
Step 16: Now copy a file to the folder where Mirth is listening for messages.
Step 17: In a few moments you should see a message indicated as Received, and Sent in Mirth Connect Administrator as shown here:
Step 18: If you switch back to the HL7 Module in Decisions you should see a message received on that receiver in the Interface dashboard as shown below.
Step 19: Now to get the processing flow involved let’s add a portal notification to see our message data.
– Switch to the Designer View for your interface.
– Open the Interface Process Flow (NOTE: Not the Pre or Post Process flow.)
– Add the step “Send Notification” from the Communication folder in the toolbox.
– Send your notification to yourself or to All Users.
– Configure the text of the notification using a “Text Merge.Plain” and type: “Sending Facility: “ followed by selecting the Sending Facility Namespace ID from the first message in the envelope as shown here:
– Deposit another message into the folder mirth is monitoring and quickly switch back to Decisions to see your notification.