Installation Requirements – Self-Hosted EnvironmentLast Updated: 07/28/2016 Introduced in Verision: 2.0
Installation Prerequisites: Self-Hosted
Server Hardware Specifications:
- Processing: 3.0 GHz – 8 cores
- Memory: 16 GB RAM minimum, 32 GB RAM recommended
- Disk Space: 50 GB minimum
- Note: Storage requirements may vary based on the data captured during processes. For example, if multiple versions of a document must be captured this will impact storage requirements.
***Note: These specifications are recommended by Decisions to provide each client with the optimal performance in the average server environment. Some clients may use fewer resources, in which case requirements can differ from those above. Please contact a representative with requirement specific questions.
- Operating System: 64-bit, Windows 2008 R2
- .NET 4.6
- Internet Information Services (default installation)
- Browser: please review the SilverLight compatibility information.
- A Database Application (See below for Details)
Database Application and Configuration:
Decisions supports either of the database applications listed below:
- SQL Server
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard or newer on own box.
- Standard installation with default collation (SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS).
- SQL or a trusted connection, as long as the trusted user has permissions to create and write.
- SQL Server service must be running.
- Microsoft Azure
- Any version of Microsoft Azure is compatible with Decisions.
Network Ports and Protocols:
Since Decisions runs as a web application, port 80 (and 443 if you want to use HTTPS:) need to be open on your application server to allow inbound communication.
If using Azure its port needs to be open in order for the application server to communicate with the database server.
The Decisions application server also needs port 943, and port 4502 – 4534(Socket/SilverLight) open for inbound communications.
Note: for Silverlight Data port range, only 4502 is needed unless someone else on the Decision server is already using port 4502 in which case Silverlight will try to use the next available port in that full range.
Active Directory Requirements:
Please see the topic About AD Authentication and Synchronization.
Required Application and/or Database Maintenance:
Decisions recommends following Microsoft’s standard SQL maintenance plan recommendations.
Windows File/Directory Privileges:
The Decisions Service Host Manager runs under the LocalSystem account. Since this account has many privileges on the system, it is not necessary to set up any additional Windows File or Folder permissions in order for Decisions process to be allowed access.
A description of LocalSystem account is found here:
Security Configurations to Maintain a Secure Application:
When applicable, Decisions can be configured to run over HTTPS for maximum security. To do so, follow the steps in this document.
Decisions can also be configured to force (redirect to) HTTPS. To do so, follow the steps in this document.
Need more help with:
Decisions Installations Requirements – Self-Hosted Environment?