Installing on DatabaseLast Updated: 02/04/2017 Introduced in Verision: 2.0
The platform can be installed with a Microsoft SQL Server. To install with a Microsoft SQL Server backend, in the Database Setup step of the Installer, select a Database Type of MS SQL and fill in the connection credentials for your Microsoft SQL Server.
Open the installer executable to begin the installation wizard. In the first step – Installation Type– click the Install button.
After reading the license agreement, select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement checkbox, and click the Next button.
Next, we Select Installation Type that fits our needs.
- Use Settings File – Enables a field in which you can select a file of saved settings from a previous installation
- Change your Destination Folder for this installation – By default, the Decisions software is installed to C:\Program Files\Decisions. If desired, change this location by enabling this setting and browsing to the desired installation location.
- Pick Alternate Source – Enables either a URL or directory to select for the installer files.
- Install Image Library – Enabling this setting installs the image library of icons available for use (which can be used as icons for items posted to the Service Catalog, for example, or to represent published workflows). Images are installed to C:\Program Files\Decisions\images by default.
- Showing the Service Settings – Enabling this setting makes it possible to customize the user name/password under which the Service Host Manager Service will run.
- Run Service Host Manager Watcher after Installation – If enabled, the Host Manager Watcher service will run after installation. This is the process that can start and stop the ‘Service Host Manager’ that the Portal depends upon, as well as watches and restarts it if it stops for any reason.
SDK – If enabled, will install the software developer’s kit that includes libraries needed to build new elements, tools, and create modules for things like building data services, reporting sources and filters. etc.
Install Emergency Password Reset Tool – If selected, the installation will include an Emergency Password Reset Tool, which is a process that resets a user’s password when their account is locked out.
Change Default System Administrator Username and Password – Allows for changing of the Portal administrator credentials.
Under Database Setup, Database Type, select the MS SQL option. Under the Connection Type, select Basic or Custom Connection String and fill in the DB Server and DB Database fields with the server location and name of the database. If the database does not exist, Decisions OS will attempt to create it. To test these connection settings, click the Test button.
Under Connection Settings, choose the option for Windows Integrated Security to enable database connection authentication using Windows Integrated Security, or MS SQL Server Security to enable database connection authentication using a specified username and password.
To continue installation, click Next.
The installer installs Decisions OS instance. As part of the process, the installer will automatically download, register, and configure any required third-party services or utilities. As this is happening, you may click the Show Details and Hide Details buttons to toggle a report of what’s happening behind the scenes.
When the installation is complete, the installer displays a completion message. Click the Finish button to close the installer and open portal; use the admin credentials that are provided on the screen to log into the portal.
Note: For the HTML Portal you must open the port configured in settings for SignalR and the next port after that.
UPDATING THE LICENSE
Computers can be licensed to run the platform with third-party plugins or with the built-in licensing mechanism – License Utility. To license a machine using License Utility, open the executable and email the Machine Key it generates to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Our tech support team will respond with a license key which can be cut and pasted into License Utility and applied to generate a license key file.
You must run the utility as an administrator, otherwise you will not be able to successfully apply the license key.
Our example assumes that the platform has been installed in the default path.
- To access the license utility, navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\Decisions\Decisions Services Managerlicensing.
- Run the LicenseUtility.exe. The License Utility dialog box appears.
- Select the string in the Machine Key field and copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste the machine key into an email and send it to your contact for generating licenses.
Using the machine key you’ve provided, your license key will be generated and provide it to you.
- When you receive the license key, in the License Utility, paste the license key into the License Key field.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click OK
- After updating the license, restart the Service Host Manager.
Need more help with:
Installing on MS SQL Database?