Creating New TemplateLast Updated: 12/03/2015 Introduced in Verision: 2.0
Templates help define the look and feel and content of a CMS site.
- In the Folders tree, select System > Applications > CMS and select “Templates” from the list.
- Click the “Add Template” button at the top of the workspace to create a new template.
- Provide a name for the template and specify a file to be used as template data.
- Enter the number of content areas you wish to include. In the video we choose to include 2 content areas. We also decide not to include any files. When we choose the number of content areas, an equal number of sections will appear, allowing you to specify settings for each content area individually.
- Name the content area and use the drop-down menu to choose between “Simple Text” or “HTML Text” for the type of content.
- Choose which content areas will be required fields.
- Click Save.
- To verify the operation, select a root folder from the “Folders” list and click the “Add” button at the top of the workspace.
- Choose “CMS Site” from the list and click the drop-down arrow labelled “Template.” The new template you just created will be present in the list.
Need more help with:
Creating a New Template?