Configuring Report Paging in the Page DesignerLast Updated: 08/12/2016 Introduced in Verision: 2.0
Report Paging settings determine how many rows display on each report page. Paging settings can be set in the Report Designer while creating or editing a report. They can also be set in the Page Designer when the page contains a Report Viewer.
To set paging settings, in the Properties Panel, in the Data Grid section, select Yes from the Use Paging drop down list and enter a value in the Rows Per Page field.
The goal of this example is to:
- Edit a page that already contains a Report Viewer.
- Update the rows per page displayed on the report.
- View the page to see the paging update.
Begin by navigating to a Designer Folder. Click the thumbnail of a page that already contains a Report Viewer, and click the Edit link.
The page opens in the Page Designer. To set paging settings for the report that displays in the Report Viewer, select the Report Viewer in the workspace.
In the Properties Panel, in the section Control Views locate the Paging area and in the Use Paging drop down list, there are three paging options.
- Use Designer Settings, the default selected option, uses the same rows per page value as the one configured in the Report Designer.
- Selecting Yes allows us to override the default rows per page setting, and enter a value in the Rows Per Page field.
- Selecting No removes paging from the report. All of the report’s rows display on a single page.
Select Yes from the Use Paging drop down list.
In the Rows Per Page field, enter the number of rows that should display on each page of the report.
Save the page and close the Page Designer.
To view the report’s updated paging, click the page’s thumbnail and select View > Preview Page from its Action menu.
The report displays with the number of rows per page as set in the Page Designer.
The Paging Bar at the top of the report displays the current page number and a total page count, as well as buttons for next page, previous page, first page, and last page.