Assigning Form Interactions as TasksLast Updated: 08/10/2016 Introduced in Verision: 2.0
Forms can be assigned to specific users or groups for completion. The principal effect of assigning a form is that it appears in the Tasks list of every person to whom it is assigned. Also, by default, the assignee is sent an email to the task.
Assign a form in the Flow Designer. In the Properties panel, under the section Form Assignment, select Assigned from the Assignment drop-down list.
Our example flow will assign a form called Submit Bid to the user Nancy. When Nancy logs in, she will see the form assignment in her Tasks list, under the My Home root folder. Once the form is submitted, the assignment will disappear from the Tasks list. Our example assumes that Submit Bid has already been created and saved in our Designer Folder, and that we are currently logged in as the user who will receive the assignment.
To begin, navigate to a Designer Folder and click the Create Flow button. For this example, this is the same Designer Folder that contains the Submit Bid form.
In the New Flow pop-up, give the flow a name and click OK.
Next, connect the outcome paths of the flow.
Several new property subsections appear to configure this assignment: Assignment Name, Assignment Action Name, Assignment Description and Assignment Type. Under Assignment Name, select Constant from the Mapping Type drop-down list, filling in the resultant Value field with “Submit Project Bid.” This will be the name of the assignment when it appears in Nancy’s task list.
- Pass in a variable representing the assignee’s email address by building an array.
- Assign to a role.
- Specify users and/or groups explicitly.
- Assign by permission.
Assignment Using an Array of Users/Groups
Assign by Role
Folder Permissions Assignment
Use: allows user to use items in this folder without having any other permissions to the folder. For example for a user to be able to use any of the designers, they need to at least have can use permission on /System/Shared Designer Elements/
- Open: allows user to open folder tree
- View: allows user to view this folder in the folder tree
- Edit: allows user to edit designer entity (for example: edit report or flow) in the folder
- Add: allows user to add entities to a folder. For example if the folder is a designer project, it allows user to add flows/rules/etc to that folder
- Delete: allows user to delete an entity in the folder
- Administrate: gives user all permissions to the folder. Allows things like managing permissions on folder, renaming folder
In the portal, navigate to My Home. The assignment Submit Project Bid appears in the Tasks panel.
To complete the form, select User Info and, in its Action menu, select Please Fill the form.
Once the task is complete, the assignment is complete, therefore it will be removed it from Nancy’s Tasks list.