Adding URL Navigation Links to a PageLast Updated: 08/17/2016 Introduced in Verision: 2.0
Navigation links allow you to further customize your portal pages, by providing users with quick access to folders, URLs, flows, reports, or the service catalog.
This summary covers adding a link to a Web site address to a portal page that allow a user to click the link and access the Web site.
To add a URL navigation link to a page in the Page Designer you would drag an Open URL component to the workspace and enter the address in the URL field on the Properties panel.
In the example, we will add a URL navigation link to a portal page that, when clicked, opens the Google Web site.
Begin by navigating to a Designer folder and clicking the Create Page/Dashboard button.
On the New Page pop-up, enter the page name and click OK.
In the Page Designer, in the Toolbox panel, expand the Navigation category, select an Open URL component and drag it to the workspace.
In the Properties panel, in the URL Settings section, enter the address into the URL field. For example, http://www.google.com.
The page displays with the navigation link. Click the link . . .
. . . and the Web site opens.
- Creating Your First Portal Page
- Creating your First Dashboard
- Making Page Data Folder-Specific with Folder Pages
- Registering URL in Service/Workflow Catalog
- Access Document from its URL
- Accessing a Folder Using a URL
- Adding Folder Navigation Buttons to a Page
- Adding Folder Navigation Links to a Page
- Adding Navigation Links to a Page Using "'Navigate To' as link"
- Adding Run Report Links to a Page
- Adding Run Flow Links or Buttons to a Page